As a translation company we cannot influence or dictate the policies of our clients. We can however make certain that our own activities play a small part in protecting our environment. This is not for any political, financial or commercial reason;
it is just common sense and is a small contribution that we can, and do make in order to ensure that we are harming our planet as little as possible…
Here are some of the measures we have taken to achieve this:
- 99% of our translations are received, translated and returned electronically, virtually eliminating transport charges.
- 95% of our translators work from their own offices, reducing unnecessary travel to and from our main office.
- Business travel is restricted to essential circumstance and is made by public transport wherever possible.
- We only print out what is required by law; everything else is stored digitally, saving waste, forests and energy.
- The small amounts of paper that we are required to use are fully recycled and/or recyclable.
- We have installed solar panels on our office roof to produce sustainable energy.
- We are committed to using green energy from sustainable sources whenever they are available.
- We make full use of electronic banking, accounting, and digital information exchange with the tax authorities.
- We send and accept invoices digitally wherever this is legally permitted.
We are not perfect: we realise that a fountain pen is greener than a computer, but we take our responsibilities seriously.
We have managed to implement these environmentally important measures without any adverse effects on our standards, our services or our quality. We will continue to seek new ways of reducing our carbon footprint even further, while at the same time maintaining a creative – yet environmentally friendly attitude to translation. And by keeping our costs down, this can only be of benefit to our clients.